Banana Republic is looking for an Associate Creative Director. This candidate, working directly under the VP Brand Creative Director, must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ideate spontaneously across a broad range of areas and translate ideas and abstract concepts into visual materials that support brand and its product strategies.
What you'll do
- The position requires a strong graphic design and production background with skills in typography, branding, advertising/marketing and filmmaking. The position would also require the candidate to clearly communicate these ideas to cross functional partners, outside agencies and vendors.
- Create compelling creative solutions for all creative brand initiatives based on the brand positioning.
- Including the creation and execution of, seasonal campaign stories, product feature stories, internal presentations, engagement programs and directional store documents.
- Translate strategic and conceptual direction into working creative assets, both 2 and 3D to be leveraged across all mediums including; product packaging, ecommerce, POS/ retail environment, merchandising, social media, print and digital advertising, franchise toolkit/guides, conference and consumer engagement environments.
- Apply current trends in culture, design, advertising, fashion, social media, digital, entertainment, etc. to the brand in ways that keep the brand relevant.
- Manage multiple projects with internal brand teams, outside partners and manage corresponding deadlines.
- Understand post production of photographic and printed materials and be able to communicate with and lead the internal team and corresponding vendors. Understand video production and post-production to be able to communicate and execute video assets to finish.
Who you are
- Excellent computer skills: Creative Suite
- Understands concept development and brand strategy
- Understanding of film and editing a plus.
- Positive energy with the ability to motivate teams and communicate new ideas
- XHTML (not necessary)
- CSS (not necessary)
- Adobe Final Cut Pro (not necessary)
- BA/BS/BFA in Graphic Design and/or MA/MFA
- 10+ years minimum in Graphic Design
- Advertising or Design Agency Experience a plus
- Photo and video production experience helpful