About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for the creation and execution of store marketing materials, primarily for promotion, card, direct mail, and packaging. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch to pre-production in print and at times digital executions. This person should also have a passion for social media and will develop assets for Instagram and IG stories. In this role the Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Copywriters, Production, Marketers, Merchants.
What you'll do
- Design and execute compelling visual concepts in the context of a physical retail environment.
- Design promotional marketing that enhance the BR Factory brand and the overall customer experience.
- Present work to the leadership team
- Demonstrate an understanding of the design and print production processes and combine this knowledge with the project objectives and budgets to solve creative challenges
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
- Develop compelling assets for social media including Instagram Stories, Paid Media, and Paid Social.
Who you are
- Ability to be creative and technical and a strong attention to detail.
- Minimum educational level: BA in graphic design or related area
- Minimum of 5 years of print design experience and 3 years of web design. Passion for social media (primarily Instagram) and Video editing experience a plus.
- Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback.
- Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees