All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
The Director, Global Operations, Visual Merchandising will be responsible for implementing the global visual merchandising strategy for all lines within Calvin Klein. The role covers all aspects of visual merchandising from concept through to store delivery for seasonal windows, in-store product presentation, communication & training tools, store design needs, market launch and press day direction. Within this role you are responsible for overseeing Visual Merchandising for both full price and outlet, within retail, wholesale and franchise.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Create and develop a global visual merchandising strategy based on a combination of best practices, innovation and consumer data. This should include seasonal calendars, merchandising principles, brand standards and strategized storytelling.
- Ensure excellent product presentation at all touchpoints for the brand from market launch to press days to store.
- Build and lead a team to communicate, guide and coach regional teams on the visual merchandising strategy.
- Implement brand visual merchandising guidelines for all areas of visual merchandising to give both seasonal and non-seasonal direction for product presentation.
- Design stop and stare windows and in-store display programs that considers good, better and best tiering.
- Deliver outstanding window and in store designs and installations across wholesale and retail in both the full price and outlet business.
- Drive a strong commercial approach to product presentation to support operational and regional objectives.
- Define the ideal window and in-store display calendar to support the key brand/product messages for the season understanding and accommodating all regional needs.
- Implement a strong communication, training and coaching program for all regional teams to be aligned on the brand direction for visual merchandising.
- Design VM tools to support strong product displays including mannequins, hangers and other non-seasonal display tools.
- Work closely with regional heads to develop talent within visual merchandising through training programs, model stores and understanding further the role of visual merchandising within the business
- Partner with the Store Design team regarding the visual merchandising needs for all fixtures and store design concepts
- Build strong relationships with the marketing, licensing and divisional heads to ensure visual merchandising is considered, understood in all areas of the business
- Work with Divisions as product is designed to support a cohesive brand message from showroom through to store
- Manage and develop teams to ensure proper maintenance/attention to all brands is consistent and the team’s time is used efficiently. Partner with regional lead for consistency in talent development.
- Develop and implement comprehensive global tools and training modules, such as Visual directives.
- Partner with Store design regarding creative vision for fixture and store design concepts to ensure alignment with specific brand image and aesthetics.
- Partner with VP, Global Environments & Home to develop annual calendars including window changes, special events, market dates and travel schedule.
- Key partner with Global Marketing Group for brand consistency and timely information flow.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal:Global Visual Creative Services, Global Store Design, Country Directors, Global Marketing, Public Relations & Events, Design teams, Regional Buying Teams, Retail Teams, Finance, Human Resources.
External: Licensees, Wholesale accounts, vendors, contractors.
Direct: 1 Manager, VM Training & Comms, 1 Manager, VP Strategy & Innovation, 1 Visual Coordinator
Indirect: Temps, freelancers
Responsible for providing recommendations regarding budget allocation. Responsible for managing personal travel expenses.
Responsible for developing the global visual merchandising operational strategy and making in the moment decisions ensuring brand appropriate execution of visual merchandising standards for Global needs. Responsible for talent assessment and selection.
Must be highly innovative, providing creative solutions to visual merchandising techniques to support. Must be a risk taker, out of the box thinker that can propose and apply new ideas and techniques while ensure brand message is consistent.
Corporate office environment as well as in store.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
7+ years of experience in retail visual merchandising in a luxury/mutli brand/category business.
College degree preferred.
- Strong balance of creative and commercial skills
- Management experience and a successful leadership track record
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to maintain global calendars
- Excellent process and project management skills
- Ability to manage creative processes with strong project management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Awareness of financial impact of decisions made
- Strong international experience and mindset
- Affinity with the brand
- Broad and deep understanding and experience within the fashion mass retail environment
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH