Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven fashion platform where over 13M people come to buy, sell and discover unique items. We're on a mission to transform fashion by empowering the next generation of creative entrepreneurs.
With headquarters in London, offices in LA and New York, we have a team of more than 125 people dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience for our global communities. And we’re just getting started.
Right now, we’re looking for a Community Development Manager based in our LA office, to help us on our mission to grow Depop’s global community of users.
For this role, we’re ideally looking for someone who’s a huge Depop fan and avid user with an in-depth knowledge of current brands, trends, and a strong awareness of social communities. We want you to be a champion of the Depop community!
- Identify and implement new ways of growing Depop’s community of sellers through events
- Engage with inspiring sellers who will champion the Depop brand
- On-board and interact with high potential sellers and enable them to grow with Depop
- Educate sellers through events on self-promotion: using both online & offline methods
- Participate in and contribute to seasonal projects as defined by the business
- Experience managing an event from start to finish. You know how to take ownership and assign tasks, prioritize objectives, set deadlines and create deliverables along the way
- Exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills — with the ability to develop strong working relationships, both inside and outside Depop
The Ideal Candidate
- Have experience in producing events
- Have experience and passion for using Depop
- Highly motivated and outgoing
- Confident in your approach to new initiatives
- Creative and unafraid to present new ideas
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Good knowledge of social media platforms and their impact
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised, efficient & eager to learn