The Director, Performance Marketing has a critical role as she/he partners with Gap brand in developing the strategy and execution of their performance digital marketing programs. This is a high visibility role that requires an individual who is as comfortable presenting a strategy to senior leaders as she/he is developing forecasts and creating marketing hindsights.
What you'll do
- Partners with Gap Online and Gap Brand marketing partners, and the Gap Inc. centralized Customer and Strategy team (CST) on developing the strategy and execution of the performance marketing (SEM, Social, Affiliate, and Display) channels.
- Optimizes traffic, conversion, and ROAS for Gap based on brand, customer, and product growth strategies.
- Hindsights performance on a monthly/ quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement.
- Defines audience strategy for performance marketing, in concert with brand marketing and direct marketing channels.
- Accountable for leveraging regular reporting/tools to communicate performance to Gap and share with peers at the other Gap Inc brands.
- Develop and execute day in and day out test and learn plan to continuously improve optimize media investments.
- Partners with data science teams (CD&A) to understand current media mix modeling and opportunities to leverage data to inform decisions to drive the Gap businesses.
- Responsible for budgeting and monthly forecasts ensuring that the Performance marketing team is aware of each month’s forecast, strategies, and guardrails to ensure they are able to successfully execute against the brand priorities and remain within forecast.
- Partner closely with peers within various groups across CST including but not limited to the Performance and Direct marketing teams and across Gap Inc to both share and hear learnings that may be valuable to the Gap media and direct marketing strategies.
- Develop and grow the relationships with key Gap business partners including key members of the Company Planning and Marketing teams.
- Stay current on evolving media trends, technology, and opportunities and proactively present those as testing opportunities to the brand. Have a global lens to ensure all aspects of the overall brand strategy and site experience are optimized for performance marketing best practices. Lead one direct report.
Who you are
- Seasoned consumer marketer with 10+ years of relevant professional experience; retail experience preferred.
- Proven experience managing large scale marketing budgets with effective returns and traffic growth.
- Strong quantitative skills, MBA or relevant Master’s preferred.
- Deep experience leading matrixed teams as direct manager or project manager.
- A team player comfortable with ambiguity.
- A self-starter.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and use of Adobe Analytics / Omniture. Knowledge of tools across digital marketing channels (e.g. Adwords, MediaMath, Salesforce Marketing).
- This role is located in New York City