About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?This position encompasses graphic design and production for custom retail packaging, print advertisements, direct mail pieces, point of sale signage, and retail window displays. In this role, you must have experience working within set graphics standards and must have the ability to provide art direction while still pushing the creative envelope.
What you'll do
- Develop, define and evolve the brand
- Develop and maintain brand standards
- Work lock–step with web team and deliver consistent creative feedback for the digital channels of business
- Ability to be a hands on with design projects
- Strong stakeholder role in seasonal brainstorming meetings; guide creative development of multiple directions for the look-and-feel and art direction of campaigns, product launches and partnerships
- Participate in photography retouching process, including image selects, image management, retouching notes, and controlling quality on rounds of retouching
- Take lead in creative presentations to leadership, framing work with the creative objective, giving context to what was done previously and when creative goes live
- Manage all external marketing needs (national advertising, direct mail, etc.) in terms of consistency, brand differentiation, and brand appropriateness and share with appropriate teams.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional partners (Visual, Copy, Merchandising, Web/Email, International, Store Operations, etc.), educating and advocating for the internal creative process
- Enforce global process for asset sharing and creation
- Attend departmental status meetings. Keep CD updated on project status, initiatives and key issues
Who you are
- Professional graphic design experience in both print and digital mediums; retail experience preferred
- Must have strong presentation skills, including ability to present to the executive team
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Must have great attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal and external business partners
- Must have expert knowledge of Adobe CS6 (with skill excellence in InDesign and Photoshop,) Microsoft Office and Mac OS
- BA/BFA degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- Copywriting skills are a huge plus
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees