DCM is a centralized organizationresponsible for Digital Marketing and Direct Marketing for Gap Inc. The DirectMail Contact Analyst is responsible for customer targeting and segmentation ofdirect mail programs for all Gap, Inc. brands with the goal being to drive incrementalsales performance and inform ongoing learnings in contact strategy and customerrelationship management.
The ideal candidate for this positionwill have several years’ experience in customer segmentation and circulation ineither the postal mail or e-mail environment, and/or direct marketing strategy,planning and analysis. Candidates should exhibit excellent technical andcommunication skills, analytical marketing experience, and be familiar withcustomer database systems. Individual should be self-motivated, able to workindependently and balance a workload that consists of both ongoing,detail-oriented campaign development processes as well as project managementand system improvements.
Campaign strategy, development, segmentationand execution: 40%
What you'll do
- Work with relationship marketing teams to schedule campaigns, develop offers, translate business objectives into list segmentation criteria.
- Plan and execute in-season and long term testing strategies.
- Identify new opportunities within the customer file to influence future strategy.
- Build out targeted customer lists using Epiphany campaign management software to segment, filter and select customers to support marketing and financial goals.
- Work with outside vendors to cleanse, finalize and deliver mail files for all Gap Inc. direct mail programs.
Report on campaign performance: 30%
- Analyze results of campaigns to determine performance overall and by customer segment, and tie to brand marketing and financial objectives.
- Work with customer strategy and analytics teams to develop and present hindsight campaign reporting including learnings and recommendations to inform future planning efforts.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and data mining to determine unique program drivers and identify promotion and performance trends across campaigns, brands and channels.
Technical liaison, data expert andnew program integration: 30%
- Serve as technical expert on the team, coordinating with database, analytics and strategy teams within CEM to optimize data and systems to support direct mail functions and future innovation.
- Pair knowledge of customer data, structures and business rules with an understanding of business needs to identify opportunities for new programs, support integration of new data elements and systems, and scope and prioritize technical project work for the team.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve direct mail operations, systems and processes to improve efficiency and eliminate unnecessary work.
Who you are
- 4-6 years experience in quantitative marketing, segmentation and/or circulation environment, and program results analysis.
- Experience with Epiphany or other CRM campaign management tool a plus
- Knowledge of SQL or SAS as well as TOAD or other database query tool, and/or experience with a reporting or data mining tool.
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and PowerPoint
- Analytical skills, logical thinker
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required
- Organized and proactive and with a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree