Job DescriptionOur past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
The Lifecycle Marketing team is a critical part of defining Gap Inc growth and loyalty strategy within the Global Consumer Payments (GCP) organization. Through analysis, focus on the customer, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the customer experience for the loyalty program. We are responsible for defining and evolving the customer loyalty strategy across all brands; identifying unmet customer needs and creating solutions to address them; unlocking customer insights to inform the team’s learning agenda; and improving marketing processes to deliver the best customer experience at scale.
The Manager, Lifecycle Marketing is an integral part of the Lifecycle and Central marketing team who will manage programs with an aim to constantly improve and test while mitigating complexity across a highly matrixed organization. The role requires strong analytical, project management and creative abilities across the traditional CRM discipline. Additionally, the Manager will be expected to represent the credit card loyalty program across Gap Inc by consistently representing Inc level strategies that drive business to meet earnings goals. This position is ideal for a team player who has exceptional marketing skills, strong project management, a growth mindset and who enjoys relationship building and brand influence. He/she will lead and inspire functional team to be: team-oriented, fast-moving, customer-focused and product obsessed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work with the Senior Manager, Lifecycle marketing and across the team to support the implementation, optimization and execution of existing and new cross-channel marketing programs focused on activating, engaging, and re-engaging customers
Own key experiences within the customer journey and support robust strategies in support of the area to continuously enhance the Gap Inc loyalty marketing program
Lead creative development process for credit card-based Lifecycle campaigns including:
Partner with external partners and cross functional internal teams to get buy-in on strategy
Ensure creative meets strategic objectives and delivers a consistent positive customer experience while balancing brand standards
Brief creative and manage execution by segment and channel, identify baseline and key performance metrics
Develop reports that demonstrate measurable impact to customersand business and summarize learnings and areas of improvement for audiences across the organization
Identify critical key performance indicators and apply best practices to measure, analyze, test and improve marketing program performance; optimize performance through A/B testing
Utilize customer insights and data analysis to inform direction, define action and achieve measurable outcomes
Ideate, design and execute meaningful tests and tactics at scale to increase customer metrics and lifetime value
Manage lifecycle campaign budget, participate in monthly forecast reviews and constantly work to optimize earnings
• 4-6 years relevant marketing experience with a track record of managing marketing campaigns from creative development through measurement and analysis
• Team player with a strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships while managing competing agendas and perspectives
• Familiarity with executing multi-channel campaigns including direct mail, email, SMS, push and digital advertising Willingness to approach projects with a can-do attitude and create process where there isn’t one.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and stay focused/calm, while showing strong attention to detail and delivering flawlessly & accurately.
• Understanding of marketing technology platforms including automation including email, SMS, text, etc. (e.g. Salesforce.com Marketing Cloud) preferred
• Analytical mindset with experience delving in to reports and data to identify trends and manage data. Experience concisely translating those numbers in to actionable business insights and hypotheses. Basic Excel and PowerPoint skills required
• Creative problem solver with a history of effective project management with a balance of big-picture thinking and detailed execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to succinctly communicate marketing priorities to internal and external partners
• Proven skill in leading and working across multiple and distinct functional organizations (e.g., IT, International, Marketing) in support of specific business priorities.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and comfort working in ambiguity and helps to bring structure and process improvement to situations
• Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Past credit card, retail or agency experience preferred but not required
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Major in economics, business administration or marketing preferred
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employeesGap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.