About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
The Manager, Paid Social Marketing is responsible for overseeing and managing digital advertising and direct response initiatives served on social media channels for Gap Inc’s portfolio of brands (Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta). The role involves strategic development of digital marketing programs, media planning, testing roadmaps, and implementation of these initiatives to motivate customers to transact online and in store. The Manager, Social Marketing will manage the agencies overseeing direct response social media marketing programs and continually improve upon the return on investment of each consecutive initiative. This position sits within Gap Inc’s centralized Customer and Strategy Team and will work cross functionally with the individual brand marketing teams. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a deep understanding of analytics, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing and media.
What you'll do
- Develop the global strategy for direct response marketing programs on social networks with a focus on driving positive, incremental return on ad spend and new customer acquisition, as well as other key KPIs specific to each brand
- Define a measurement, analysis and reporting framework for direct response marketing initiatives, developing clear benchmarks and goals within social media channels
- Evangelize a “test & learn" mindset within Gap Inc. and amongst our agency partners
- Identify and address any data, platform or technology gaps that might hinder successful test and learn deployment
- Synthesize and share campaign results and best practices within Gap Inc. and ensure relevant information is communicated to brand partners
- Provide decision making support for business partners by working with the team to define problems or desired outcomes, determine required information, synthesize findings, and recommend action
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or digital agency experience preferred
- 4+ years of digital marketing experience, managing digital campaigns to acquire & engage users throughout the funnel
- 2+ years direct work experience in Paid Social activation, focusing on conversion driving strategies
- Proven track record of developing and implementing rigorous test and control programs
- Experience successfully managing agencies and consultant resources with demonstrated understanding of and proven implementation of analytics best practices
- Understanding of the interplay between online/social and traditional channels
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven ability to drive the evolution of a program through the application of data insights
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with an ability to distill complex ideas into easily understandable stories
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees