About Janie and Jack
Janie and Jack is a design house with every kid at its heart—because individual style starts early. Inspired by the places we go, the people we admire and all the unexpected stuff in between, our collections feature modern twists on classic fashion.
Inspiring. Approachable. Thoughtful. These are some of the ideas that guide our every day. And our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Are you ready to be a part of the Janie and Jack story?
Do you love fashion, have a way with words and know that little details mean a lot? Then you could be the next Product Copywriter at Janie and Jack. This role is responsible for writing and editing online product copy as well as proofreading the test site. There is an opportunity to work on site banners and other digital copy as needed. In this role, you should be passionate about creating customer-centric copy that is in the voice of the brand, with an eagle eye for detail.The Product Copywriter reports to the Editorial Director. This role requires mostly on-site time but some remote hours are possible.
What you'll do
Write compelling product copy, adhering to standards, and deliver copy in the right voice and tone consistently.
Understand and develop a balance of creative and strategic messaging, keeping the customer experience top of mind.
Work well independently and collaborate with the Copy team as well as with crossfunctional partners, such as Ecommerce Coordinator, Site Managers and Graphic Designers.
Collaborate with Copy team on collection names and banners.
Deliver all copy on time and error-free.
Edit and proofread with exceptional attention to detail.
Incorporate SEO copy as needed.
Keep the Editorial Director updated on project status, initiatives and key issues.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-4 years of professional copywriting experience.
- A writer’s writer with creative chops, along with strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Firm understanding of retail, what is happening in the marketplace and copy trends.
- Ability to present and defend creative work.
- Ability to deliver error-free copy under tight deadlines, be self-reliant and collaborative as needed.
- Ability to take direction and be flexible through changes in strategy and creative direction while staying calm (a sense of humor always helps too!)
- Big plus: Excel wizardry and an understanding of SEO best practices.
Benefits at Janie and Jack
- We offer all Janie and Jack employees 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Janie and Jack and Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees