Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
The CommercialPlanning team drives the cross functional collaboration between Marketing,Merchandising, Planning, Finance, and Stores Operations to build marketingstrategies that put the customer first and deliver sales goals. The teambalances strategic pre-season planning with in-season contingencies to driveweekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. The Assistant Marketing Manager will focus on partnering with in-season contingencies to drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals. They Will also focus on partnering with marketing project management, copy, creative and store operations to brief and manage through marketing execution in the store experience.Partner with Sr.Marketing Manager to develop optimal and executable go to market plan with afocus on channel KPIs.Support Sr. MarketingManager with the seasonal commercial strategic briefs as needed Responsible forbriefing in all promotional marketing assets and ensuring end to end creativeand store execution for Gap Brand North America Retail Channel Partner withmarketing project management, copy, creative and store operations to briefmarketing and manage through execution for the store experience.Regularly consultwith Sr. Manager on status of all projects Partner with Sr.Manager to maintain the Commercial Planning calendar Partner weekly withthe Online Marketing and Production counterparts on the Omni promotionalcadence Manage fast-trackin-store marketing as needs arisePartner with the Sr.Manager to maintain key business documents and align to pencils-down moments:commercial planning calendar, weekly business documents, budgets.
Who you are
- 3+ years marketing and planning experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency.
- Strong understanding of the retail landscape and Gap competitive set
- Ability to translate product, trend and merchandising information/strategies into marketable product messages and promotional messages
- Aptitude for original, creative ideas; open-minded to new approaches
- Excellent execution skills with proven track record of driving strong business results
- Detail-oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams
- Experience with creative development and effectively briefing in and working with creative teams
- High comfort level with and ability to powerfully present new ideas / garner buy in from leaders and cross-functional team
- Comfortable with operating in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Proficient in Macintosh Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and ability to quickly adapt to new systems and applications
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees