The Manager, Sample & Wardrobe Operations owns and manages the global ad sample process and the wardrobe management for our marketing photo shoots. Additionally, the Manager will lead a team of five to implement and drive sample management best practices working as the key leader for GIS, Marketing, and cross-functional teams.
What you'll do
- Manage the end-to-end global ad sample process. Create best-practice systems for ordering, tracking and maintaining samples, across multiple global marketing teams.
- Manage team of sample managers and coordinators. The team responsibilities include understanding marketing sample needs; ordering, tracking, organizing and distributing all samples across multiple marketing departments. As well as, creating and distributing key looks lists and helping to facilitate key look reviews for senior leadership and packing up for photo shoots.
- Main point of contact for GIS, and work as a key driver of the evolution of the process and problem solve issues. Own weekly call with GIS and priority list for SMEE tool and best-practice issues.
- Photo shoot responsibilities include, but not limited to: understanding key looks and investments on a global level; creating a seasonal priority list with product information by style; building a seasonal key item deck; manage on-shoot sample organization and shot lists, work with on-set stylist to track key attributes, fit, color, buy; create shot list; manage looks for retouching.
- Build strong relationships with key partners including all marketing and cross functional teams. Build leadership skills in negotiating and problem-solving.
- Work cross-functionally with Gap Inc. teams on sample best practice.
- Consult on photo shoot dates, based on sample availability and flow dates.
Who you are
7+ years’ experience in operations and/or projectmanagement
Working knowledge of retail pipeline and businessprocess
A love for details, dates and structure with theability to be flexible, when needed.
- Ability to simplify complex information.
- Ability to participate constructively in inter-department communications including resolving conflicts, and handling complex issues with tact and diplomacy
- Experience working with dynamic organizations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment within a dynamic organization
- Experience with retail sample management
- Skilled in creating, influencing and fosteringpartnerships throughout an organization