Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
The CommercialPlanning team is responsible for driving traffic and profitable sales for theGap Outlet business. This role works withcross-functional partners across the company, including Finance, InventoryManagement, Project Management, Production, Brand Marketing, Store Operations& Merchandising to support business decisions. The coordinatorposition will support the Sr. Commercial Planning Manager and will beresponsible for day-to-day management and execution of our seasonal promotionsfor stores. This includes, but is not limited to, creative briefing, in-weekrecaps to inform all business partners on decisions/updates to the calendar,center partnerships, and maintenance of calendar and process docs.
What you'll do
- Works in close partnership with all cross functional marketing partners toexecute decisions for all seasonal promotions
- Strong communicator with good attention to detail
- Solution orientated and customer centric
- Manage allexcel-based seasonal promotional marketing calendars, ensuring content isup-to-date and accurate so that teams can properly execute (dates, valuemessaging, exclusions, divisional participation, pricing execution)
- Creates inspiringmarketing briefs that combine a customer-first mindset with a focus on businesspriorities and a clear product point-of-view, leveraging key inputs from theAnalytics team and the Commercial Playbook
- Briefs in allpromotional events/projects working with project management and production toensure accuracy of creative and on time store delivery
- Participates in allin-season dialogues as a Commercial content representative, inclusive ofin-season kick-off, creative reviews, final layout reviews, and mechanicalsapproval, partner with internal teams to lead creative development thatdelivers on objectives within budget
- Leverages weeklyanalyses, seasonal hind-sights, competitive research and store visits, buildinga deep understanding of promotional marketing effectiveness
- Owns in-season pricepoint check-ins/marketing message validation
- Posts signage forin-store pre-walks, attends store and studio walkthroughs and maintains signagelibrary
- Escalates issues orinefficiencies to Sr. Manager along with proposed solutions
- Supports ad hocprojects as needed
Who you are1-3 years Marketing experience either in-house or agency experience -retail experience a plusStrategic, data-driven, global thinker with a customer focused mindsetSolid analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story fromdataStrong ability to prioritize on the goTeam player with top notch people skills who can foster dynamicrelationships with other cross functional teamsAbility to thrive in a fast-paced and changeable environment, comfortablewith ambiguitySelf-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to test andlearnExperience in fashion and retail preferredBA/BS required
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees