Strong self-leader and conceptual thinker with high creative standards that can independently and consistently execute a compelling brand vision across all media. Understands how to translate a marketing objective into an exciting and effective creative experience for our customer.
Uses clear communication skills to collaborate with creative partners, including copy, art directors, photographers, and freelance, to produce creative that represents brand authority and puts the customer at the center of our content. Be able to find solutions to creative problems.
Plans, prioritizes and organizes high volume workload that requires following toolkits, interpreting marketing briefs for clarity and alignment with brand strategy, and MAS merchandising input. Aligning with project management to meet deadlines. Perform other duties as assigned.
- This role will primarily support our Wedding and Gift Registry/Gift Card business, and Credit/Loyalty campaigns as needed.
- Concept, design and produce high quality Creative & Promotional work for digital & print collateral.
- Work closely with the Design Manager and support the team.
- Partner with Copy to create clear, compelling advertising messaging.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to support strategy.
- Strong knowledge of typography, user experience and layout design.
- Strong knowledge of design and fashion trends.
- Art direction of photography.
- Time management - dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Problem solving – quick and agile.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years’ experience in advertising/art direction (preferably retail/fashion).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Proficient computer skills in Adobe InDesign; Photoshop; Illustrator; Bridge.
- Knowledge of Sketch, XD, InVision a plus.
- Proficient MAC platform experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.