Macy’s Inc is looking for a highly motivated Fashion Studio Operations Coordinator for our Photo & Content Studio in Long Island City, New York. This entry-level position will support a high-volume photography production and Premedia environment with a wide variety of fashion, still life, video and home photography. Reporting to the Studio Operations Manager, this position adds value by ensuring operational tasks and assignments are completed with a high degree of accuracy and an appropriate level of urgency. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in close collaboration with Studio Operations Manager, Operations Director and Photography teams.
- Support Image management and backup during and after fashion and video shoots.
- Make prints for art director books throughout fashion shoots and email images for the art director. Pull old reference files from servers before and during shoots as needed. Manage external and computer hard drive disk space of computer stations.
- Fulfill equipment + supplies requests for all teams on-set throughout shoots: photo/video, styling, hair/make-up, set design.
- Troubleshooting camera, equipment and electrical issues as needed and assist on photo and video sets as needed. Set-up/break down sets and equipment.
- Maintain overall organization of fashion studios and equipment, coordinate location for clothing/furniture prop deliveries and pick-ups for shoots.
- Paint cyc walls/floors, lino floors and wall flats in preparation for shoots and assemble linoleum sweeps/portable walls/seamless for shoots.
- Knowledgeable of fashion studio calendars and scope of the upcoming shoots for proper preparation of the space, equipment and sets.
- Photograph and name fashion props from the prop room as well as new incoming props from outside shoots.
- Add fashion prop photographs to current fashion database location on the image server.
- Coordinate with set-design assistants the pick-up/drop-off of fashion props for location shoots.
- Support asset protection standards and procedures, conducting quarterly studio-wide inventory of equipment such as cameras, lenses, digital backs and lighting, etc.
- Check-in /out equipment loan outs to photography team while keeping documentation of each transaction.
- Assist in packing location equipment for photographers and video teams.
- Create and summit supply requests for studio projects and equipment.
- Assist in opening and closing procedures.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant experience, preferably in ecommerce, advertising or marketing industries. Model behavior exemplifying high ethical standards and organizational discipline balanced with the ability to have fun and recognize those who have contributed to a successful project.
- *Advanced to intermediate experience with Capture One, Adobe Bridge, & Photoshop.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division.
- Ability to understand, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and aptitude to meet deadlines, and must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- This position involves sitting or standing for long periods of time, regular walking, hearing and talking.
- May occasionally have to stoop, kneel, crouch, or lift and move heavy items throughout the studio. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Strong ability to lead self and leadership profile through work history.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.