The Communications Store is looking for an Account Director to join our Fashion team in the New York office.
We are looking to build a business of future thinkers in the world of communications and welcome them into New York based team.
The primary role of our Account Director will be to support the Senior Vice President of Fashion in spearheading public relations activities (including media relations, events / shows) and overseeing proper collection coordination for various fashion brands within the portfolio. The Account Director will spend time with the senior members of the team to gain real insight into the workings of the company and into strategic campaigns.
- Provide consistent, professional client experience
- Provide support for Senior Vice President and other company executives in the New York office.
- Oversee junior team members to implement flawless execution for all client activity
- Motivate and mentor junior team members
- Assist with execution of all events including fashion shows
- Ability to manage and maintain major press relationships and secure top notch editorial based on clients’ needs
- Develop and execute feature stories, product placement, editorial reporting and analysis
- Develop press materials; curation of client specific editor outreach lists
- Liaise with client contact to manage press requests
The Ideal Candidate
- 6-8 years relevant working experience.
- You have strong management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- You can offer a keen understanding and relevance in industry related matters and servicing a variety of fashion brands from emerging designers to industry leaders.
- You have previous experience with Fashion Show seating, invites and front and back of house.
- You have a proven track record for consistently producing exceptional press hits in major media outlets.
- You have developed and maintained strong media contacts within major media outlets.
- You can prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to work across time zones based on client needs and with our global company.
- You show a passion for the worlds of luxury brands across a variety of sectors.
No agencies please. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must have the right to work in the USA.