The Business of Fashion is seeking a driven and dynamic native Mandarin speaker as an Editorial Apprentice, for its fast-growing BoF China unit. The candidate requires strong analytical thinking and writing skills in Chinese.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute and learn from an incredible team with the overall goal of becoming the global leader in the market for professional content and services for the fashion and beauty industries.
What We Need You To Do
We need you to bring a high degree of professionalism and integrity, creative ideas, and an open mind, to both contribute to, and benefit from The Business of Fashion’s editorial apprenticeship programme.
During this 6-month apprenticeship, you will:
- Curate, write and deliver insightful business news and analysis in Chinese with the highest standards while meeting tight deadlines
- Be responsible for editorial & social media production on WeChat, Weibo and other platforms, including research, layouts, image sourcing, formatting etc.
- Copyedit and translate stories to ensure they are of top quality
- Assist the BoF China Editorial Director in developing new strategies, products, and daily operations
- Proactively pitch and develop story ideas for a target audience of Mandarin speakers, many of whom are globally-minded executives, entrepreneurs, and other fashion industry decision-makers
The Ideal Candidate
Who You Are
Natively fluent in Mandarin, you are near the beginning of your journalism / editorial journey, with strong writing skills. Rolling up your sleeves, you perform well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail.
You will also have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Degree from a recognised journalism program or equivalent work experience
- Strong writing skills and an ability to tell complex stories with flair
- Experience in social media production, including Weibo, WeChat, Instagram
- Ability to take the initiative and come up with story ideas
- A strong grasp of the fashion business
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of a 24-hour news cycle
- Fluency in spoken and written Chinese and English is essential