BOTTLETOP is a fast growing British sustainable luxury fashion accessory brand that sets out to empower artisans with skills and livelihoods through its operations and young people with health education through its foundation.
We aim to engage our customers through sustainable design to allow us to unpack our mission, story and issues surrounding sustainability. In 2019 we are launching a huge and ambitious project called #TOGETHERBAND to promote the UN Sustainable Development Goals fronted by 17 Iconic ambassadors and 1700 influencers from across the cultural spectrum. It is an unparalleled opportunity for to engage the world with the Global Goals through a product centric marketing campaign, while acting as an introduction for consumers to BOTTLETOP as a brand and the causes we are passionate about.
We are looking for an exceptional Social Media manager to lead our engagement with customers and campaign supporters through social media channels. Big challenges and opportunities require exceptional people to tackle them. So we have a myopic focus on finding only the very best people and then creating an exceptional environment for them to thrive.
What is the role?
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to deeply engage our customers, build the brand’s audience, and promote stories and causes that we care about through BOTTLETOP’s social media channels.
The Social Media Manager will be part of our creative content team; working with the Head of Content, Head of Growth, and Head of Marketing & PR to establish and manage our social media strategy.
The Social Media Manager will own the execution of content and communications via our social media channels, They will act as the voice of the brand on social media, responding to social media mentions and comments with a clear and consistent brand tone of voice.
The Social Media Manager will oversee the social media plan and publishing schedule; ensuring that post are prepared and published with inputs from the BOTTLETOP creative team.
We believe the best people will be natural entrepreneurial leaders. They will relish the dynamic growing company context, responsibility and freedom not top-down control. So we are building an organisation with our key leadership where there is complete meritocracy and freedom to shape the future of the company.
The role covers the following areas:
- Establish the Social Media Strategy with input from the BOTTLETOP creative content team
- Create, manage, and execute the social media publishing schedule for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Ensure consistency of brand presentation across key social media channels
- Stimulate and manage dialogue via social media channels; proactively responding to mentions and comments on a daily basis
- Coordinate with the content team in the preparation of social media campaigns, assets and posts. Ensure that content created is most effectively leveraged across the relevant channels
- Identify opportunities to enhance shopability and click through of social media output
- Track key metrics across the social media channels; establishing KPI’s and targets with the Head of Growth
- Work with collaboration partners and influencers to support third party social media activities
- Track social media and cultural trends to propose concepts and ideas for content creation and social media strategy. Maintain an up to date view of social media trends and technology developments
- Monitor customer communications and escalate critical customer service issues with leadership team
The Ideal Candidate
Who we’re looking for?
We are looking for a true social media enthusiast and expert; with track record in managing and building social accounts with significant following.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- At least 2 years experience in social media management / coordination with a contemporary fashion, lifestyle or media brand
- Additional experience in marketing, journalism, or fashion communications is beneficial
- Strong copywriting and post creation skills essential
- Highly articulate with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong creative and entrepreneurial skills
- Strong brand affinity, a love for fashion, and passion for sustainability
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Great organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong detail focus when executing activities
- A love of ownership & responsibility
- The hunger to build something exceptional
- Bachelor’s degree level education, ideally in English, Marketing, or Journalism