We are seeking a Magazine Producer to join Editors in Chief and creative duo Katie Lyall and Charlotte Stockdale behind the much celebrated CHAOS69 poster book. This is a project based role that will run for 6 – 9 months.
The Magazine Producer is responsible for the 360-degree management of CHAOS69 from concept through to launch in accordance with the issue launch date. An understanding of all stages of the magazine production lifecycle are fundamental to this role.
The Ideal Candidate
· Run and manage the project plan from concept to launch including task management, creative idea tracking, timelines, budgets (inclusive of invoicing and payments), and a comprehensive contacts bible (suppliers, distributors, agents, photographers etc.)
· Research, source and book writers, celebrities, models, photographers, venues & collaborators for photoshoot concepts identified. Ensure permissions/copyright permissions are obtained at all stages.
· Produce and manage in Keynote the issue content guide in page order inclusive of title placeholders, ideas and reference images.
· Diligent account management of all external and internal issue contributors.
· Implement an organised, efficient and standardised file management system for file sharing between internal and external issue contributors. Ensure file formatting specifications are shared with all issue contributors.
· Management of oversees subbing & credits for all issue contributors.
· Negotiate and management of all deliverables / tracking of the entire print production process.
· Identify key launch strategies and accompanying launch deliverables of this issue (merch, events, press etc.).
· Identify, negotiate (timelines, terms and rates) and deliver issues to all contracted distributor partners, hubs and stores.
· Implementation of launch and post launch inventory and inventory tracking management system.
· In depth knowledge of the fashion industry and an understanding of model and creative agencies.
· Experience with budget management and control.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage individual workloads and work as part of a team.
· Highly diligent and strong attention to detail with an ability to read and review simple contracts.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft (Word & Excel) and Keynote presentations.
· Great attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
· Confident and articulate communicator.
· Ability to achieve accurate completion of daily tasks, in a fast-paced environment.
· A collaborative spirit with a proactive and positive attitude.
· Self-motivated with a problem-solving mindset.
· An interest in fashion, art, music, travel, and technology.
· Very flexible working hours.