Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017, Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018, and Comparably’s Best Companies for Company Culture in 2019 —Who What Wear is looking for a Social Media Editor to join it’s creative, dynamic, and fast-paced UK division. As the Social Media Editor, you will work collaboratively with the editorial team to shape and build upon our exceptional fashion coverage and shopping-led approach, and distribute our content in the most engaging and creative way on social. We are looking for a self-starter with original ideas who will take pride in expanding our social strategy to drive growth across all our social platforms. The ideal candidate is able to create elevated and engaging content and use analytics to drive content performance in addition to utilizing data to inform all ideas, concepts and strategies. The person must thrive in a collaborative environment, while being able to produce work to a very high standard independently. Most importantly, we are looking for a candidate that is just as passionate about our brand as we are. This role is based in central London and will report to the Editor/Editor-in-Chief.
- Top-edit, write copy, schedule, and publish social posts for daily content across Who What Wear UK social media platforms; manage and maintain scheduling and planning for all post types
- Drive growth month-over-month against strategic social KPIs, including account growth, engagement, and traffic referrals, ensuring Who What Wear UK hits its various social goals
- Partner with the Editor and Executive Director of Creative Strategy to build our UK social strategy to drive growth and innovation across all social platforms.
- Monitor internal social dashboards and generate trend reports for other editors; lead on longer-term reporting initiatives for social channels, contributing to monthly reports and identifying trends over time
- Engage our community across our social platforms, executing community activations and keeping our followers engaged
- Lead on live social coverage from the WWW UK channels on award shows and events (i.e. London Fashion Week - 5 days of live coverage on our social platforms - may include some weekend off-hours work to ensure timely and effective coverage)
- Partner with influencers, talent and brands on social activations to secure takeovers and ensure they promote on their own social handles
- Source socially-optimized images for posts across social media platforms consistent with Who What Wear’s elevated taste level
- Stay on top of social and distribution trends, providing feedback to editorial and wider team on changes or new innovations; share daily social trends with editors along with competitive content and story ideas
- Create your own content for social channels, such as videos from photo shoots and content to support our on-site franchises; oversee posting and implementation on UK social channels for other video assets
- Stay abreast of key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media/marketing/ecommerce technologies.
- Partner with the affiliates manager and shopping editor to meet affiliate campaign requirements and drive results; ensure Who What Wear’s social channels are appropriately shopped out according to affiliate best practices
- Collaborate with our commercial team on projects and social promotion, from ideation to execution
- Be an ambassador for the brand, whether that’s appearing in a team shoot, an Instagram story video or attending industry events
The Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years experience in social media, with a proven track record of delivering on KPIs.
- High attention to detail in everything you do; ability to copy check your own work and publish posts independently without being edited.
- Understanding of online editorial and social media best practices, including optimizing content for CTR and engagement.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and provide self-direction
- Exceptional writing skills and high taste level with ability to source and create strong imagery
- A creative, collaborative and can-do attitude for a fast paced, high-growth fashion-tech business.
- Skilled at live coverage from and for live events
- Relationships with experts in the industry, influencers and within teams in social media platforms
- Extremely comfortable working within social publishing and reporting tools, enabling you to expertly analyse social performance and meet KPIs.
- Experience with creating compelling video and imagery for social media
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines, commercial priorities and be proactive to changing actions
- Intimate familiarity with Who What Wear with a deep passion for and understanding of the brand
- Must be well-versed in women’s fashion and beauty trends and brands
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites -whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with 19 products all under $20. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City, London, and Minneapolis, and has Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.
Who What Wear is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.