About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams: Styling, Photography, and Content. This is the team who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.You will have some experience working in an environment, which is fast-paced, and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will be translating product descriptions from English into French
- You will be translating content for the French website
- You will be owning copy for particular brands and categories
- You will be tracking and correcting defects of product descriptions and other localized content
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have fluency in French (native level) and English
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You have a good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail