About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
Reporting directly into the Senior Content Manager, with a dotted reporting line into the SEO Content Supervisor, you will be responsible for sub-editing SEO copy including category and brand listing descriptions, meta-descriptions, long-form articles and other ad-hoc content, whilst capturing and protecting the Farfetch tone of voice. You will collaborate primarily with SEO Content, SEO and other internal teams to ensure that our copy is on-brand, effective and tailored.
Proven experience writing and sub-editing digital content, whether it’s via an online platform or agency, is essential, as is having a firm grasp of the English language. You’ll benefit from working with a wide range of departments within Farfetch, which will present unique opportunities to grow within the company.
What you’ll do:
- You will sub-edit listing descriptions, brand bios, meta-descriptions and other ad-hoc content
- You will adhere to our tone of voice guidelines and ensure our published content is always engaging, informative and effective
- You will maintain quality of content, carry out monthly quality reporting and feeding this back to the team
- You are responsible for evolving the language within the business and sharing/publishing the information globally
- You collaborate with content creators across the business to reinforce and guard our writing principles
- You will assist to deliver copy audits or key projects as required
- You will conduct training and onboard new starters
- You will upload and publish content via our internal CMS
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have a strong background in proofreading and sub-editing copy within an agency, luxury brand or online publication to tight deadlines
- You have a firm understanding of tone of voice, with an ability to adapt style to suit specific context
- You have excellent attention to detail and impeccable grammar, spelling and punctuation
- You have some experience training others upon best practices and giving thoughtful feedback to writers
- You enjoy collaborating and working alongside multiple stakeholders
- You have good knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products