About the department:
We are a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We are focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You will focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with creating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct, trend-focused and accurate copy that describes luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have some experience working in an environment that is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within copywriting or sub-editing role with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will train and manage a cluster of permanent and freelance writers responsible for Product Descriptions on Farfetch.
- You will assist the Supervisor with the allocation of work and to monitor productivity driven KPIs and SLAs for your team of writers.
- You will deliver BAU excellence with a team driven by frequent deadlines and high volume targets, yet maintaining a Farfetch level of quality and tone-of-voice.
- You will be required to manage all administration tasks such as PO processing, PDP and performance management.
- You will help execute the Senior Specialist’s QC process in order to ensure the team’s high-level quality.
- You will complete product descriptions to the KPI standard for your role.
- You will support and contribute with any tone of voice changes.
- You will support the Supervisor with any additional tasks when required
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You have fluency in English.
- You have excellent organisational skills; you are intuitive and highly solution-oriented.
- You have good people & stakeholder management skills.
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style.
- You have a good writing style that is accurate, engaging and adaptable, with impeccable use of grammar.
- You have an understanding of garment and accessory construction.
- You have the ability to work independently.
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines.
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS.
- You have some experience in training and mentoring.
- You have the ability to communicate critical feedback.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.