About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
We are looking for an SEO Content Writer to join our progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ listing descriptions, meta descriptions and category copy, based on your research into brands and categories. Using your SEO knowledge and working to the company’s brand guidelines, you will be required to create well-written and succinct copy to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on FF.com.
Flexibility, tenacity and a proactive attitude are essential for this role. You will be writing engaging, high-quality copy that perfectly meets the Farfetch tone of voice and SEO best practice. You will also be encouraged to collaborate with the wider team in drawing insight from data and supporting with the innovation of our copywriting methods.
Ideally, you will have experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline-driven in a copywriting role. A background in fashion and/or ecommerce is preferred.
What you'll do:
- You will create concise, engaging and optimised brand and category listing descriptions and metadata
- You will research brands and categories
- You will work between SEO and Content Teams to ensure tone of voice and brand standards are met
- You will produce a high volume of copy, adhering to our targets and KPIs
- You will upload copy to our in-house CMS while meeting tight deadlines and targets
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable of SEO copy best practices
- You have experience working within digital content writing
- You are a flawless writer with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- You are able to keep up with tight deadlines, rigid KPIs and luxury industry-level standards
- You are enthusiastic about luxury fashion
- You are a dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- You are highly self-motivated and passionate about Farfetch and our mission
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.