About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have three primary teams - Styling, Photography, and Content - who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
Black & White is a full-service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. Supporting the Black & White Content Manager, with a dotted line to the Farfetch Senior Translations Manager, you will be implementing processes and providing workflow solutions for the Black & White translations team, and be responsible for the timely and successful delivery to stakeholders.
Spanning eight current languages with the scope to develop many more in the near future, you will take ownership of the development, quality, and productivity of this dynamic team.
Every day will provide a new opportunity and the workload will become increasingly varied as the Black & White team expands its reach.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this new role. You will be used to working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within a senior product editorial or creative agency role.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team responsible for translating, localising and transcreating webtext, flat content, product descriptions, brand bios, listing pages and transactional emails for a multitude of luxury fashion brands, as well as responding to ad hoc translation requests
- Be responsible for the successful delivery of complex language projects across a range of different clients. You will receive briefs from different teams within Black & White and allocate across different internal and external translation teams
- Support the Black & White Content Supervisor in their planning and communication with internal and external stakeholders, devising content timelines and creating streamlined workflow processes for new website launches and seasonal collections
- Be responsible for collecting all the necessary information to ensure the successful completion of all translation requests and liaise with other teams to ensure smooth production of translation materials to deadline
- Represent the Black & White Content team at client meetings
- Work closely with the Farfetch language supervisors to create tone of voice documents and copywriting examples for clients and monitor quality of brand copy created
- Work with our core copywriting team to ensure tone of voice is kept consistent across all languages
- Prepare translation quotes and invoices for clients, working closely with the Black & White Finance team
- Hire and develop a team of permanent and freelance translators, growing the workforce to support new site launches
- Suggest improvement initiatives for internal or external tools and processes
- Deliver BAU excellence with a team driven by frequent deadlines and high volume targets
- Define and manage the Black & White Translation team’s OKRs
- Monitor productivity and SLAs for your team
The Ideal Candidate
Who you are:
- A linguist at heart – someone who lives and breathes language
- A translation specialist with proven project management experience
- Highly organised – you are intuitive and highly solution-oriented
- You have experience either leading an in-house translation team, or in senior position at an agency
- You have experience managing external stakeholders
- You have proven and up to date knowledge of translation memory, machine translation and translation management workflows/software
- You have exceptional people and stakeholder management skills
- Expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the Black & White brand and our clients
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships