SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR
COOLS is seeking a creative and savvy Social Media Editor to join our team. The ideal candidate is well-versed in social and digital trends, as well as fashion and beauty. This role reports to the Editor in Chief.
Must be based in New York City.
Please note that due to the large number of applications, we can only respond to successful candidates.
- Manage day-to-day scheduling and posting on social platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Strategize, plan, and execute social rollouts alongside editorial, video, and branded teams
- Create original and multimedia content for native posting across social platforms
- Build audience engagement across platforms
- Report on audience growth, and recommend tactics for future initiatives
Standard benefits package
The Ideal Candidate
Skills and requirements:
- 2-3 years minimum experience (internships included) managing social media platforms for a brand or organization, preferably in media/publishing
- Intermediate or greater experience in Photoshop, InDesign, and/or other content creation tools
- Experience with Google Suite programs (Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Strong writing, copy-editing skills and creative tone-of-voice
- Understands the social media landscape and internet communities
- Lover of fashion and style