La Garçonne is seeking to fill the position of Art Director. The Art Director will play a significant role in developing and executing editorials and online content.
- Develop, pitch and refine creative concepts for La Garçonne's editorials, blogs, online content, and special projects.
- Manage editorials from concept to execution, speaking to La Garçonne's consumer base.
- Work closely with buying, merchandising, creative and inventory teams to ensure consistency and accuracy of branding and messaging for various projects.
- Communicate cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop relationships and communicate with industry contacts for various projects (i.e. interviews, special events, editorials).
- Collaborate with photographers and creative team to innovate imagery for online content.
- Implement strategic organization to support creative digital content.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the areas of English, Journalism or Communications
- Minimum of 5-7 years in experience in editorial management, retail copywriting and/or content creation
- In-depth knowledge of fashion history and current trends;
- Self-starter, with strong presentation and organizational skills, with the ability to work urgently and with the highest attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize own workload, and work independently when required
- Must have strong retail business marketing and direct marketing experience