The Editorial Director is responsible for creating an editorial voice for the brand that will carry through all categories including women & kids, men’s, home & art, fine jewelry & watches that is cohesive across digital and brick & mortar. We're looking for someone who is passionate about luxury fashion, with a strong creative and editorial background. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy customer facing interactions, and have just the right amount of left-brain/right-brain to excel in a creative environment while achieving aggressive revenue and growth plans.
The Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for look and feel of all editorial content, both online and in-store, ensuring alignment between the two platforms
- Partner with cross functional teams in Creative , Merchandising & Marketing to create the Editorial Calendars, featuring all key messaging including but not limited to: Lookbooks, Seasonal Trend Stories, Promotions & Partnerships; ensuring there is alignment across online and in store messaging
- Drive The RealReal's POV through strategic creative direction of product assortment for curated stories, creating the voice for our brand; ensuring this voice features key product drivers to hit revenue targets and KPIs
- While in store, partner with Store Management and Visual Merchandising teams to create a visually engaging environment that ties back to The RealReal's digital voice
- Help The RealReal build an innovative retail experience connecting customers with experts and educating customers about the differentiators and services of The RealReal
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited College or University, preferable in Merchandising, Fashion and/or Design
- 5+ years of experience in Editorial at a luxury fashion retailer or e-commerce site
- Extensive knowledge and expertise from luxury to contemporary - and everything in between
- Demonstrate a point of view on product assortment & editorial content, with a strong sense of ownership over your work
- Positive, engaging attitude with our customers
- Strong sense of teamwork and a resourceful, self-starter mentality in a fast-paced environment.