ABOUT THE TEAM
Reports to: Merchandising Director
Team Size: <60
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Melda Atalay
As a Head of Merchandise Planning Women Textile you will report into the Merchandising Director and will write the next chapter of this department's success. You are responsible for the strategic planning and the overall performance of the Women Textile Category focusing on analytics, financial and inventory performance.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Working alongside the two Heads of Buying, you will act as a senior commercial and strategy manager for the Women Textile department. You will be responsible for delivering profitable results, owning processes and delivering best practice. You will ensure opportunities are maximized, risks are minimized and you will ensure appropriate actions are taken by the team in both situations. You own communication with the team and you can effectively communicate key trading activity and the impact that this has on Zalando.
- Having strategy as your key strengths, you are not afraid to take difficult decisions. You will own strategy alongside your Head of Buying and you will lead this with your team for forthcoming seasons. You can objectively provide a view for the team and guide them with key decisions. You ensure that all strategy is communicated effectively with the team and you set the vision.
- Conducting and using historical analysis to better understand the business and support the development of supply chain processes, you will oversee assortment planning and critical path schedules. You ensure planning and trading excellence by driving consistent best practice.
- Being passionate about leading and developing your current team, you enjoy building good relationships with your team and beyond and you are able to structure your team effectively according to their strengths and are aware of their development areas.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Looking for strong merchandise planning experience, ideally you will be working for a fast-paced retailer or an online fashion retailer.
- Being motivated and structured in very dynamic and fast-paced environments. You embrace change and are always on the hunt for solutions. You have excellent English skills, communicate clearly with varied stakeholders.
- Leading is your passion, you are able to manage multiple stakeholders effectively through your strategic communication style and are reliable when it comes to getting things done. You understand the challenges of the fast fashion business and are exhilarated by this. You are only as good as your team. You pride yourself in your leadership skills.
- Working with numbers and figures, you think strategically and are excited about the opportunity to shape the future of Zalando's merchandise planning.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.