As a Junior Merchandise Planner in the Kids footwear cluster you focus on analytical, financial and inventory performance, responsible for OTB, and in season measures. Join the team working on some of Zalando’s most strategic brands and there will never be a dull day! Stay flexible, open to change, and up for driving the business forward.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be responsible for your own unit; working with the team in preparing the weekly trade, monthly OTB and ad-hoc analysis.
- Monitoring & steering the performance of your brands and articles with focusing on customer satisfaction, sales & profit. You will be responsible for the in-season management such as pricing recommendations, low performing article management and guiding the assistants with reorder management.
- Working closely with suppliers to ensure strong growth targets are achieved. You will execute your brands in-season and with the support of assistants, ensure intake targets are met & trading the department.
- Together with the buying team you will define the strategy for the development of your brands
- Exchanging ideas and information with other departments like logistics, country teams, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing, to ensure organizational alignment. You will liaise with our pricing team to ensure an attractive & competitive, yet profitable offer by giving input on mark-downs and promotional offers like the end-of-season sale.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Fashion Management or a similar field. You have acquired a sound commercial understanding of performance analysis, as well as Fashion Merchandising/Planning, backed by at least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Exposure to at least one merchandise planning software solution.
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and love to crunch numbers, with a solid ability to provide strong analytical and conceptual analysis. You are a quick thinker and adapter with the ability to cope with a rapidly changing environment, combined with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Embracing collaboration and display strong negotiations skills. You organize your workload efficiently, ensuring deliverables are ready on time, are accurate and prioritized accordingly.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form – we do not accept applications via e-mail
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use