ABOUT THE COMPANY:
We are an international fashion design and marketing company at the forefront of our industry. We are timeless, modern, classic and sophisticated. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, Jeanswear, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world.
In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp. acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Merchandiser will support the Global men’s head of merchandising and take an active role in the day to day line management, maintaining merchandising tools and systems, as well as preparing for global milestone meetings.
- Assist with the daily merchandising tasks in regards to updating and monitoring systems (PLM),from the product creation till it gets into production.
- Market and sales analysis: researching and compiling market data, competitor information and regional sales data as basis for future line planning.
- Range planning: help create the global seasonal range plans aligned with divisional KPI targets.
- Line efficiency: Partner with the Merchandise planner in order to monitor and analyze line efficiency and range performance vs. defined seasonal KPI’s.
- Milestone meetings: preparing and taking part in key global milestone meetings for product reviews, seasonal strategy and seasonal line launches.
- Perform various ad hoc tasks and analyses for the VP and merchandising team.
The Ideal Candidate
DESIRED SKILLS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 3 years in merchandising (ideally Men’s denim)
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented way of working
- Excellent knowledge of, and skilled in, MS Word and MS Excel (pivot tables, reports with big amounts of data)
- Able to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Keen interest in fashion
- Flexible – in peak periods overtime will be asked
PVH BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCES:
Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.