CALVIN KLEIN is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN brand products exceeded $9.5 billion in 2019 and were distributed in over 110 countries. Calvin Klein, Inc. employs over 11,000 associates globally. We were acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
You will be part of the Calvin Klein Product hub, and work in the merchandising team. The merchandising team is responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product merchandising strategy that meets the country specific product requirements and delivers on the margin targets. We are the key contact to support all regional merchandising and sales teams with presenting the collection and ensuring effective and consistent communication between the division, country sales and retail.
Calvin Klein’s brand power is stronger than it’s ever been. With cutting edge marketing, we are at the forefront of powerful product messaging that is relevant to a worldwide consumer. This project is to harness the brand power within the Calvin Klein WW Product.
Your key responsibilities
- Assist in defining basic essential styles for CK WW across all product categories.
- Analyze sell-in and sell-out data in order to create a numeric and visual overview of core bestseller styles and which season to offer these in order to maximize sales.
- Identify commonalities that also work for the other divisions and do market research to identify missed opportunities for CK WW business.
- Communicate with Design on new potential essential styles to aid successful adoption.
Besides this special project that you will lead, you will be involved in other daily/monthly tasks:
- Support the merchandising team during and after selling season with sales memo’s, weekly sales overviews, country additions;
- Assist with the daily tasks regarding updating and monitoring PLM / line list for example with cancellations and/or additions;
- Ensuring that data is aligned between departments, gathering information from internal and external parties;
- Sample management: tracking down and sending samples to various parties that need samples e.g. for photoshoots, fittings, etc.;
- Perform various ad hoc analyses for the VP and merchandising team, for example: sample efficiency per country;
- Gain insight and understanding of all aspects of a full collection development cycle, from planning to collection reviews to the final launch of a product and in season sales;
- In-depth knowledge of the merchandising process while working together with design, production and sales teams;
- Gain an understanding of a collection build up that meets the needs of the market, based on historical numbers, trend-forecasting and sales feedback.
The Ideal Candidate
- It is mandatory that you are still enrolled in a university or school program at the start date of the internship.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in the EU
- Start date: February 2020; Duration: 6 months
- For your application, it is imperative to attach your CV and a document outlining your relevance for this internship opportunity (not your usual cover letter...think outside the box!)
- We value our interns, therefore we want to understand your learning objectives. Please outline this in your document.
- You have an affinity/knowledge in the apparel & fashion world
- Interest in Merchandising and Fashion; having previous experience in the industry is a plus
- You are highly organized with the ability to plan according to priority and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have good knowledge & computer skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- You have strong communication skills, high proficiency in English (both speaking and writing)
- You have a flexible attitude and a strong work ethic
- You have a good understanding of Calvin Klein DNA and brand awareness
- You are willing to learn and push your boundaries!
PVH behavioural competencies
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Quality: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer-centric, Be detailed
Ownership: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Collaboration: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Respect: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment
What we offer
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A culture of development, offering training and learning opportunities
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and a People's Place café
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
- To top it all off, you will be working in an organization that encourages an entrepreneurial mindset, employees that are driven, solution oriented and value a collaborative culture!