Calvin Klein Accessories is a relatively new and fast growing divisions comprising all accessories product categories including handbags, small leather goods, belts, textile accessories, for men, women and kids.
The Calvin Klein main label is designed and developed from Amsterdam whilst the CALVIN KLEIN JEANS line is part of a global collection designed in NY.
Reporting to VP of Calvin Klein Accessories, this position is responsible for driving the divisional product strategy and the implementation of a regional product collection for the Men’s and Women’s Accessories categories. This role is leading the interface with designers and developers as well as being a key pivot for marketing, retail and e-commerce departments.
The role encompasses the creation of product merchandising plans which include both replenishment and seasonal product. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for each European market and making sure that these requirements translate into product is key.
He/she will manage, lead and develop merchandising team of 4 people with an international background and is a crucial connecting function between the different divisional teams and across Calvin Klein divisions; requiring very strong leadership skills, as well as creative and analytical skills. He or she will have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills, not only in order to deliver an on-target collection that will drive sales, but also to ensure synergies between other divisions are being maximized.
Within a dynamic environment, he/she needs to have the ability to identify new business opportunities to drive innovation and or commerciality and take initiatives to contribute to the overall growth as well as constant improvements on the division.
Within the division, he/she will be working closely with design, product development, sourcing and central functions and therefore needs to have a strong understanding of end to end collection development processes and have the ability to manage and execute them in the most efficient.
The Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for the creation, planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Is leading the interface with designers and developers.
- Lead the merchandising team in driving, and creating range plans that offer best assortment at the right price positioning for all markets, in line with the brand vision
- Creates seasonal brand and merchandising plans and drives the collection build up ensuring the accessories product strategies are meeting the requirements of all markets and meeting the divisional KPI’s including margin targets
- Works closely with Merchandising Sales to ensure divisional product strategies are being communicated to the relevant markets and launches are being correctly supported
- Lead, manage and develop a merchandising team of people with international background
- BA degree
- 8 years + work experience in fashion product merchandising, preferably in accessories product categories
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Understanding of European countries requirements and ability to translate the needs into the collection
- Project management skills in relates to capsule, fast track collection, new product categories or other initiatives
- Leadership ability in people management with team player mindset, embraces team mentality and collaboration
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Power Point;
- Able to travel (+/- 30%)
- Fluent in English
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.