The Merchandise Manager for Asia will work directly with the EU Merchandising team sitting in Amsterdam and the Asia Merchandising team in Hong Kong, serving as the key link between the teams. Responsible for Driving a process and way of working with Asia that improves our leverage ability and allows the right amount of localisation to drive the business.
- Report to the Merchandising Director and be able to work independently and collaborate across multiple functions and disciplines including Design, Product Development, Buying and Planning, and Marketing
- Key link between EU and Asia to drive alignment, identify opportunities, and improve leverage.
- Manage daily communication with team in Asia.
- Partner closely with the Asia merchant team to fully understand market needs and be able to represent the team/speak to market needs in AMS.
- Own the Range Plan briefing process with Asia and identify areas of alignment with EU as well as Asia exclusive needs.
- Coordinate Asia exclusive development with Design and Product Development teams sitting in HK and AMS.
- Ensure calendar and deliverables are realistic for team in Asia. Serve as the gatekeeper for deliverables and track key metrics.
- Drive process improvement to streamline ways of working across EU and Asia
- Support Asia team at key milestone meetings
- Create selling tools and own updating SharePoint with all relevant content
- Own Marketing brief and drive alignment on key items/stories of the season with
The Ideal Candidate
- Master Degree (best in Fashion Merchandising or a related field)
- 5+ years work experience in product creation or merchandising
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills – in an outbalanced way
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Power Point; PDM literate is a plus
- Experience with team responsibility
- Passionate fashion ambassador
- Some travel may be required