About the Company
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
Calvin Klein Accessories is a relatively new and fast growing divisions comprising all accessories product categories including handbags, small leather goods, belts, textile accessories, for men, women and kids.
The Calvin Klein main label is designed and developed from Amsterdam whilst the CALVIN KLEIN JEANS line is part of a global collection designed in NY.
This division consists of the following teams:
- Merchandising– Responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Design – drives the visual creation of the product line, working closely with Creative Direction in NY, Merchandising and PD in order to bring the product vision to life
- Product Development – drives the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, Design, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
- Sales – Ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key accounts
Reporting to the Merchandising Director of Calvin Klein Accessories, this position is responsible for driving the CK Ladies’ Accessories product strategy and the implementation of a regional product collection, including Soft Accessories and Belt categories. This role is leading the interface with designers and developers as well as being a key pivot for marketing, retail and e-commerce departments.
The role encompasses the creation of product merchandising plans which include both replenishment and seasonal product. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for each European market and making sure that these requirements translate into product is key.
The Merchandising Manager will be reporting to the Merchandising Director and will have the following responsibilities:
- Manages CK Ladies’ Accessories specific product category by breaking down business objectives, while continuing to build strong brand equity & commercial success
- Ensure Range Plan is appropriate and all related deadlines are met, all product related info are timely communicated to internal and external stakeholders
- Analyze market needs, opportunities and possibilities of growth
- Develops specific merchandising plans based on brand key stories and sell out analysis to ensure constant revenue
- Collaborates with Merchandising Director to develop sales strategies to improve market share
- Manages business to the seasonal calendar and effectively meets all product deadlines and divisional deadlines.
- Collaborate with Merchandising Director to present to Wholesale and Retail Channel partners during collection Key meetings and to Design and Development during proto & product reviews
- Work closely with the sales teams, and retail team and business analyst to gather important qualitative and quantitative shop floor feedback in order to apply a more “end-consumer” approach to our range planning
- Gather relevant sales & collection analyses; eg. per country, average selling price, margin, fit, fabrics, etc. created by the merchandising team
- Work closely with production and design to follow up the development of the collection, remain informed of the evolution of the collection during its development and works on optimizing margins
- Manage and monitor SMS launch and allocation to Markets in respect of the SMS budget
- Consolidate and work with PLM system keeping track of style/option count, RRP build up, collection build-up of the actuals versus the range plans , LY & targets, Support merchandising Director in monitoring these – highlighting irregularities in pricing, costing, count, flow, needs
- BA degree
- 5 years + work experience in fashion product merchandising, in accessories product categories
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Understanding of European countries requirements and ability to translate the needs into the collection
- Project management skills in relates to capsule, fast track collection, new product categories or other initiatives
- Leadership ability in people management with team player mindset, embraces team mentality and collaboration
- Excellent skills in MS Excel (reporting and handling big data amount, executing pivots and other analysis) as well as Word and Power Point are a plus
- Ability to travel frequently
- Ability to handle pressure while working on multiple tasks under tight deadlines by providing high quality work results
- Fluent in English