About the Company
We are an international fashion design and marketing company at the forefront of our industry. We are timeless, modern, classic and sophisticated. Our all-American designs transcend our men’s, women’s and collection apparel, sportswear, jeanswear, underwear, tailored, accessories and a range of licensed products such as fragrances and home furnishings. Through these iconic products we strive to engage and inspire our consumers around the world.
In 2013, one of the world’s largest apparel companies, PVH Corp acquired the complete House of Calvin Klein. Together, as a global, action-oriented company characterized by commitment and achievement, we strive to attract people who will help take our brands and business to new levels.
Calvin Klein Womenswear Europe - Merchandising
The Merchandising team is responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product GTM (Go to Market) strategy that meets the region specific consumer requirements, delivers on the KPI targets, upholds the CK iconic brand image and realizes the global brand direction.
The team is the key contact to support all sales teams with presenting the collection and ensuring effective and consistent communication between the division, regional sales and retail channels.
Position Description and responsibilities
The Senior Merchandise Manager will support all aspects of the CK Womenswear GTM process with focus on the full lifestyle collection.
- Report into the Merchandise Director and be able to manage a team of Junior and Merchandise Coordinator
- Support the Merchandise Director with the seasonal assortment plan and seasonal strategy
- Drive the go to market strategy per season and delivery on predefined KPI’s
- Creating range plans that offer best assortments at the right price positioning for the European market, in line with the brand vision
- Partner closely with the sales teams to ensure that the division supports all market needs and has strong collaboration with all countries in achieving sales targets and growth
- Take ownership and accountability for all collection data and related systems
- Able to collaborate across multiple functions and disciplines including but not limited to Design, Product Development, Technical Development, Buying, Marketing and Operations teams to maintain range plan, pricing, margin and collection structure
- Translate market demand and trend information into commercially viable product strategies based upon numerical analysis (sell through numbers, pricing parameters, quantities, etc.)
- Support the Merchandise Director in hosting the adoption meetings to ensure alignment on the product strategies per region
- Work with the Buying team on all pre-market buying commitments and projections
- Follow key country and CK market trends, analyze consumer behavior needs
- Think and act as a brand ambassador
- Graduated at degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 7-8 years’ experience in a wholesale driven environment with a focus on womens product management / merchandise role within an globally operating apparel brand
- Fluent English both written and verbal; other languages are a plus
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Market trends and fashion awareness as well as a strong commercial understanding
- Able to frequently travel
- Excellent communication, sales and negotiation skills, strong influencing abilities
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and developing preferred
- Team player
- Able to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
PVH behavioural competences
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Be bold, Make the Impossible Possible, Drive Innovation, Drive sustainable growth, Be proactive, Embrace change
Quality: Prioritize our product, Build positive & long-term working relationships, Be customer and consumer centric, Be detailed
Ownership: Be accountable, Seek solutions, Be resourceful, Be responsible
Collaboration: Think & act within the matrix, Lead by example, Be clear, Inspire & empower others, Build global networks
Respect: Be inclusive, Support diversity, Be open-minded, Foster trust, Have a positive impact on people and the environment