About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands and is internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide under the Tommy Hilfiger and Hilfiger Denim brands, with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and children’s sportswear, denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Founder Tommy Hilfiger remains the company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 17,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.7 billion in 2014.
PVH Corp., one of the world’s largest apparel companies, owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands. It is the world’s largest shirt and neckwear company and markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
*The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International Limited.
Underwear is the fastest growing division in Tommy. TH and CK Underwear teams are working together to create an “Underwear Powerhouse”. TH and brand ambassador Rafael Nadal launched the recent Fall 16 marketing campaign for underwear and Tailored.
Following this campaign there is a focus to grow the underwear business, to bring the TH underwear brand to the same position as market leader CK underwear-two of the most iconic premium lifestyle brands.
Position Description and responsibilities
This is a management role responsible for the creation and implementation of a regional product collection in the swimwear and lifestyle categories across men’s.
The position reports directly into the Senior Merchandising Manager and is the key product creation representative for the region for all full price channels. The role encompasses the creation of seasonal product merchandising plans which include both replenishment and seasonal product. A strong knowledge of the product requirements for each European market and making sure that these requirements translate into product is key. Since this position is a crucial connecting function between the different departments in the development and merchandising process, the candidate must possess very strong creative and analytical skills. He or she will also have great communication, negotiation and influencing skills, not only in order to deliver an on-target collection that will drive sales, but also to ensure synergies between ck Underwear/Swimwear and other divisions are being maximized.
- Reports to the Senior Merchandising Manager
- Be the product creation specialist for the European region and the point of contact for all channels and departments
- Create seasonal merchandising plans and drive cross-departmental execution between Design, Merchandising, Sourcing, Planning, Sales and Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising
- Work closely with Marketing/PR/Visual Merchandising departments on a seasonal marketing plan which will raise brand awareness and drive sales
- Present product strategy to the relevant markets and ensure launches are correctly supported
- Partner with Planning/Forecasting on all pre-market buying commitments and projections
- BA Degree (best in Fashion Merchandising or a related field)
- 5+ years work experience in apparel/swimwear product creation or merchandising
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiating skills necessary
- High level of creative and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Power Point; PDM literate is a plus
- Some travel may be required
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.