As part of the PVH Menswear division, the Edition & STM Merchandising team fulfills a central role by being a pivotal function between the Wholesale and Retail channels, and Design and Product Development team. The Merchandising team manages the collection of KPI's by creating range plans for the different seasonalities, by setting margin targets, and by being closely involved along with the Design and Product Development team in building appropriate collections true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and latest trends.
Position Description and Key Responsibilities
The Merchandiser will be performing the following tasks for a defined number of product categories:
· Create clear strategic merchandise plans which support a premium yet commercial consumer-centric vision.
· Take both, top-down and bottom-up approach while creating Range plans, and keep them aligned to the corporate/division targets, and the market feedback (needs and sales history)
· Be up to date about market trends in order to identify commercial opportunities and make necessary recommendations to product teams to maximize efficiency.
· Analyze and provide competitor overviews before the start of each season; show their price build-up structure
· Create relevant sales & collection analyses per country, average selling price, margins, fit, fabrics, etc.; Propose Sample plans according to company’s target for each season.
· Work through Retail pricing architecture for each product group and assign merchandise quantities (forecast) for each style and drop dates in line with collection-flow targets.
· Assist on all steps for the menswear product lifecycle; from strategy to product delivery.
· Assist the merchandising director with creating innovative and commercial assortments about product updates across multiple product types, categories and deliveries.
· Support merchandising team; i.e.: ad hoc analyses, requests from sales (sales tools), marketing or other departments
· Assist on preparing all collection Key meetings (GAM, Market Launch, proto reviews, product reviews)
· Work closely with production and design team to be informed and follow up the development of the collection
· Work closely with the sales director, sales teams, retail team, and the business analyst in order to gather important qualitative and quantitative feedback and apply a more “end-consumer” approach to our range planning.
· Support the merchandising Director in monitoring the PLM system, RRP (collection built-up), LY, and division’s targets, via highlighting irregularities in pricing, costing, count, flow, and needs.
The Ideal Candidate
Desired Skills and Job Requirements:
· Bachelor degree level or equivalent
· 3 to 4 years of relevant working experience in Merchandising, Product Development, Sales, or relevant departments within the fashion industry
· Knowledge of Men’s collections and industry trends
· Excellent knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Excel (pivot tables, reports with big amounts of data)
· Able to work in a hectic environment, and able to work with short deadlines
· Having a commercial mindset and being a strong team player
· No 9 to 5 mindset
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbally; more languages are a plus