Within the Tailored division, the Merchandising (Brand Management) department fulfills a central role. It is the link between the Wholesale Territories and O&O Retail on one side, and Design and Product Development on the other side.
The department makes range plans for the various collections, sets sales targets and margin targets and is closely involved – together with Design and Product Development – in building collections that are true to the Brand, in tune with market developments and commercially successful both at wholesale (sell in) and at retail (sell out).
The MERCHANDISER reports directly to the Merchandise Manager, and will be performing the following tasks for the product groups Suits, Blazers and Pants:
(range) planning, pricing, running analyses, in-season support for changes / additions, support design & product development, producing Line Books and other sales tools, assist in Line Openings (hand-over to sales teams), prepare (design) hand-over trips and sourcing trips, and other ad-hoc tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
OVERVIEW OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Team up with the Product Groups teams (design & development) to build great and productive collections with a special focus Suits, Blazers and Pants
- Create relevant sales & collection analyses; eg. per country, average selling price, margin, fit, fabrics, etc.
- Identify best sellers
- Collect and group all feedback from sales, both qualitative and quantitative
- Be aware of the market, competitors, etc.
- Communicate & exchange regularly with design & development
- Create full, detailed range plans according to Corporate targets, the division’s vision and sales history
- Actively prepare and participate in product meetings
- Actively prepare and participate in “adoption meetings” where the collection is shared in an early stage with sales
- Assign forecasts per style and option
- Assign retail prices per style
- Actively prepare and participate in “line openings”, where the complete line is handed over to sales
- Create sales “follow up” analyses during the season
- Support countries in selling period and during in-season selling
- Actively follow-up on special requests, specials for key accounts
- Actively prepare and participate in after-sales evaluation meetings
OVERVIEW OF POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduated at “Bachelor” level or equivalent (or higher)
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience (Merchandising, Product Development, Sales, etc.)
- Fluent in English – additional languages are a plus
- Excellent knowledge of, and skilled in, MS Word and MS Excel (pivot tables, reports with big amounts of data)
- Able to work in a hectic environment
- High productivity is demanded, able to work with deadlines
- Commercial mindset
- Team player
- Flexible – in peak periods overtime will be asked
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally