Purpose of the position
The Executive assistant to the Vice President of Global Merchandising will be responsible for all administrative and operational aspects of the Merchandising Team. He or She will also have a thorough understanding of merchandising and the ability to drive across department projects and position themselves as a pivotal component of delivering the day to day objectives of the merchandising team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a variety of special projects for the VP some of which may have organizational impact
- Provide leadership to build relationships which will be crucial to the success of the organization
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and preparing complex travel itineraries
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when/ where appropriate
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;executive summaries and newsletters,
- Liaising equally well and with internal and externalcolleagues, clients, suppliers, business partners of all levels and seniority
- Preparing papers for meetings and carrying out ad hoc research on industry trends, VIPs, key press and business partners/ leaders, competitors.
- Managing databases; handling correspondence
- Taking charge of all administrative aspects of VP’s schedule including but not limited to personal and professional travel, transportation and accommodation & Visas
- Liaise with relevant individuals, external organizations, etc. to arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and draft minutes.
- Works closely and effectively with the VP to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilitiesand following these up appropriately.
- Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the VP updated
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including, but not limited to, data management and filing
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members and external partners
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions