Louis Vuitton has an exceptional opportunity for a Merchandising Director to support our 16 retail stores within the UK, Ireland, & South Africa retail network and drive the vision and strategy for merchandising initiatives within the region.
Serving as a key business partner, and reporting into the Managing Director, the Merchandising Director will execute the merchandising strategy, identify opportunities to maximise sales and achieve financial targets. The Merchandising Director will assess, monitor and modify for all the stores the right assortment of product, visual merchandising and related services to help them reach their maximum sales potential.
Key responsibilities include driving in-store animation for all product categories and providing Louis Vuitton stores with information and strategic direction to help each team reach their maximum sales potential. This role will support, motivate and challenge our sales teams. This is accomplished through a close partnership between regional, store and corporate teams, implementation of impactful store actions, and training and support throughout the year. In addition, the Merchandising Director will oversee and animate special projects within the Region, ensuring sales performance is achieved.
As a head of department, you will be an active member of the region’s ‘Steering Committee’ (SteerCo) to represent the brand and work collaboratively with the other heads of department to affect cross-functional strategic initiatives for the UK, Ireland, & South Africa.
The Ideal Candidate
Bachelors degree required, Master degree level preferred
• Strong, energetic, clear communicator
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skill level
• Ability to understand and leverage product and financial reports to drive business
• Takes initiative and drives for results
• Business acumen and commercial mindset
• Be the objective voice of the client, rather than sharing personal POV
• Efficient collaborator
• Strength of character to manage a range of stakeholders
• Knowledge of Luxury product and retail