All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Planner is responsible for developing, executing and communicating strategic merchandise financial plans for the Calvin Klein Ecommerce business, and driving business to meet the division’s financial, merchandising and marketing objectives.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop, execute, and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans that support the company’s financial, product, and marketing objectives.
- Strategically drive the business in order to maximize sales and margin, and optimize inventory.
- Contribute to the development of Brand initiatives, and ensure that all planning activities support annual goals.
Create strategic financial plans that support the company’s objectives and brand goals.
- At a Program level, develop sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that support the company’s profit objectives. Collaborate with merchandising to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide the merchandising team, utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities, and identify risks. Communicate opportunities and risks to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, visual, and brand leaders.
- Build and maintain a strategic promotional calendar, in partnership with merchandising and marketing, including provide guidance on key/peak weeks
Weekly Business Management:
- Provide updated weekly forecasts to merchandising team detailing category opportunities and risks, recommending markdowns, and reflowing inventory as needed. Ensure that all decisions are based on historical data and/or current trends.
- Present “action points” to cross functional teams and senior management and gain consensus on business.
- Manage seasonal liabilities, inventory by source, and recommend reflow of new deliveries as needed.
Owner of the Open to Buy Process and Meetings:
- Partner with merchandising, visual and marketing to develop 90 day forecast for sales, margin, and inventory.
- Develop analytics to support business approach including source, delivery, and season forecasts.
- Pre-meet with divisional leadership to gain consensus prior to monthly strategic meeting.
- Lead and direct the monthly forecast meeting providing guidance to business leaders and finance. Recommend strategic actions to maximize sales and margin, optimize inventory, and mitigate risk. Collaborate with marketing, and other critical partners to ensure execution of strategies.
- Lead the receipt reconciliation process with merchant team. Ensure that on order and committed receipts are delivering in time to support forecasts. Identify risks and drive action plans to manage. Recommend “chasing” or “reflowing” receipts as appropriate.
Pre- Season Planning Process:
- Review historical performance at the category and key item level. Present analysis by source, delivery, and category to merchants to understand prior performance and develop future goals.
- Pre-season create department, category and item plans to support the development of the line.
- Provide receipt plans, margin and IMU goals, and flow strategies to merchants to drive assortment execution.
The Planner really focuses on a strategic plan for the year, whereas the Planning Manager works with the SVP and other senior leaders (e.g., the head of Planning) to identify a longer range plan (given how we work multiple seasons/years in advance).
A Program is typically an item or key items. For example, the Liquid-Touch Polo Program has both solids and pattern polos as part of the Program. It’s not the complete category (men’s tops) but a sub-section that we’re trying to promote.
- Review and reconcile assortments with store planners to ensure appropriate breadth and depth, and flawless execution.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years merchandise planning experience; 8 or more years of total work experience
- Demonstrated experience
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case
- Strategic forecasting for a multidimensional business
- Assuming additional areas of accountability successfully
- Influencing and negotiating at a variety of levels
Education: 4-year degree; advanced degree a plus
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner
- Well-versed in planning and allocation systems, as well as advanced Microsoft windows applications.
- Analytical/Math Skills
- Project Management
- Strategic Forecasting & Financial Planning
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH