The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for partnering with the Sr. Merchandiser/Merchandiser in the development of the Merchandise Strategy to meet the commercial needs of the globalegional business. They will Partner with cross functional teams in the development of the seasonal merchandise strategy. Initiatives include supporting Sr. Merchandiser/Merchandiser on assortment strategies, weekly business review and product re-caps, management of assortment tool (PETE), Average Unit Cost Management (AUC), Pricing and Product Architecture, Test and Respond, Market hind-sighting and Sample Management. This position is HQ/NY based and will be part of the Global Divisional Product Merchant Team and partner with Design, Production, Inventory Management and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Assists with the development of the assortments which align to overall department strategy, resulting in increased earnings.
- Partners with Design and Production on product strategies and requirements to ensure customer needs are met, AUC profitability and speed to market.
- Partners with Inventory Management on seasonal investment strategy by market to ensure big ideas and growth drivers are protected.
- Owner of creation and maintenance of assortment tool, season code, size model and time on offer at the style level and capture in the Omni PETE (assortment tool).
- Communicates seasonal strategies in a collaborative way to key cross functional team to ensure innovation and financial success as a focus.
- Responsible to re-cap business to determine successes and opportunities within the business.
- Accountable for the sample process which includes all aspects of sample management.
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations.
- Facilitate sample requests from business partners.
- Gathers all samples no longer needed and uses appropriate forms for transferring out.
- Manages all shipping requests.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising or related discipline or equivalent trade experience.
- 1-2 years of Merchandising experience
- Knowledge of and ability to impact financial outcomes.
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and creatively.
- Understanding of Retail Math.
- Passion and point of view regarding product and trends.
- Demonstrates a sense of having the customer as a point of focus.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Experience working through significant change and transformation.
- Demonstrates an ability driving results.
- Understands the importance of details, priority setting and multi–tasking.
- Proven ability to work in an environment where collaboration with cross functional partners is a key focus and speed is crucial.
- Demonstrates an ability to seek new information, ideas, and experiences.