Job DescriptionMichael Kors is always interested in hearing from talented, globally-minded individuals with a passion for fashion.If you enjoy working in a creative, fast-paced environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Michael Kors is a world-renowned, award-winning designer of luxury accessories and ready to wear. His namesake company, established in 1981, currently produces a range of products through his Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels, including accessories, footwear, watches, jewelry, men’s and women’s ready to wear, and a full line of fragrance products. Michael Kors stores are operated in some of the most prestigious cities in the world, including New York, Beverly Hills, Chicago, London, Milan, Paris, Munich, Istanbul, Dubai, Seoul, Tokyo and Hong Kong. www.michaelkors.com
Michael Kors is looking for an Associate Planner who will initiate analysis and develop financial strategy for our rapidly growing Men’s Outlet retail business across multiple classifications. The Associate Planner will play a key role in creating reports/recaps of the business, developing financial plans and monitoring the performance of sales, inventory, markdowns and profit by classification from a top-line to store level. Our Associate Planner will work closely with the buying team to manage the open-to-buy, analyze seasonal merchandise assortments and develop merchandising strategies. Strong analytical skills, creative problem solving skills and ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are a must. Candidates must have 4+ years’ experience in Merchandise Planning, Store Planning and/or Allocation.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create seasonal, monthly and weekly plans and forecasts for sales, inventory, markdowns and gross margin. Monitor performance and partner with buying team to develop financial strategies to achieve plans.
- Initiate and develop actionable analysis to recap business by classification and subclass at a top-line as well as store level in order to partner with buying team to create strategies to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability.
- Manage and update monthly open-to-buy.
- Recommend buys based on thorough analysis of retail business prior to each market to achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-thru % by class and department.
- Work with buying team and stores to analyze business by door to maximize sales and stock opportunities. Monitor flow of initial assortments as well as reorders to stores by classification and by style.
- Recap business by classification, style, color and size and create best seller/hindsight reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to allow for thorough analysis of the business.
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales, inventory and gross margin vs. plan and projection by department, classification and by door.
- Must have 4+ yrs. Experience in Retail Planning, Store Planning and/or allocation
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V