Job Summary: The Manager, Digital Merchandising is responsible for the creation of a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns product strategies with financial goals, ensuring that end to end sales, gross margin, and inventory strategies hit divisional and ONOL plans. Lead a team of Digital Merchandisers, and Assistant Digital Merchandisers to create a compelling seasonal framework by division that aligns product strategies with financial goals. Partner and collaborate with Global Merchandising to ensure the seasonal, global assortment meets the online customer and business needs. Accountable for the category site merchandising strategies, ensuring alignment with the product, financial and marketing goals. Successfully coach and develop a Digital Merchandising team.
What you'll do
- Manage the development, execution and communication of the management of inventory that supports the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of a division within Old Navy Online
- Accountable for the development and communication of divisional product strategies that align with financial goals for the season.
- Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, GM, and inventory goals.
- Accountable for monthly OTB forecast for a division, and partner with the ONOL Strategy team to identify financial risk and solutions to hit sales and inventory plans.
- Manage divisional pricing recommendations and strategies that align with the financials plans
- Manage the development of seasonal hindsight and the strategic opportunities use to inform pre-line.
- Drive for continual innovation and improvement--recommend strategies to be leveraged across divisions and departments.
- Drive innovation in all milestones through the ability to influence business partners
- Manage the development of strategic vision for category positional across the division with perspective to the overall business.
- Manage the identification of areas of opportunity to make meaningful investment shifts supported by marketing and site execution.
- Manage and support strategic product vision that delivers against assortment.
- Lead team through web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation and clear and accurate product details.
- Partner with product and design teams to communicate knowledge and understanding of the customer experience as it relates to product, shopping paths, experience and interaction with marketing.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to deliver on a strategically defined linking strategy that aligns to marketing ideas (tied to investment) to optimize conversation and drive the customer to the best possible site experience.
- Deliver on best in class product assortment architecture across the division.
- Drive best in class experiences across both mobile and desktop supported by a deep knowledge of technical features and functionality with an understanding how the site functions (limitations and opportunities)
- Motivate, build and develop skills of the team
- Collaborate with business partners to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- Foster open communication and a team environment with all business partners
- Hold self and others accountable for work commitments and outcomes
- Manage operational leadership – ensure balanced workload, facilitate divisional and cross-functional meetings as appropriate, regulate project timelines and ensure all deliverables are met
Who you are
Minimum Education level
- BA or BS Preferred
- 3-6 years’ merchandising, retail buying, or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of managing a team
Knowledge, skills, & abilities
- Business Acumen/Drives Results; Embodies curiosity and takes action to drive results, digging into the business to find opportunities for improvement. Asks the right questions of the team to uncover business opportunities. Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
- Customer Focus; Demonstrate knowledge of the target customer and of product trends
- Strategic Orientation; Creates strategies in own area and implements improvements for the future. Create & drive dept.(s) strategies. Defines plan within larger strategy
- Innovation Cultivator; exceptional ability to problem solve, develop creative solutions, and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Learning Agility; Demonstrate growth mindset. Motivated to learn new skills & knowledge. Build technical skills of direct reports, if applicable. Shares best practices with broader team
- Strong Talent Builder skills; Actively supports individual development of own team members. Set challenging development goals and provide immediate feedback on performance
- Ability to lead and guide a team through change
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, works wells as part of a cross-functional team with the ability to collaborate, influence, and interact at all levels of the organization.