All associates based in the EU should apply to the job by clicking here. Please note that you will have to create a new account on the application page.
Responsible for the daily operations of their assigned classification or department, ensuring that quality, inventory, and pricing strategies support the business concept. Works closely with Buyer to develop conceptual direction, line plan, procure and market merchandise for the assigned department or classification.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- With support of the Senior Buyer, develops strategies and procures merchandise in the appropriate quantities, within the appropriate time framework, at the best prices for specified categories
- Works closely with planning and distribution staff to develop merchandise plans, react to trends and execute effective distribution strategies.
- Manages and controls the OTB, with the support of the Senior Buyer. Consistently analyzes business for future merchandise decisions and presents findings/actions on weekly/quarterly basis.
- Interacts with Design and Sourcing and maintains external communication with Licensees and 3rd Party Vendors.
- Maintains an active role in the planning and communication of marketing/floor set direction for his/her department(s).
- Visits stores to review presentation, stock content/levels, identify problems, and listen for suggestions, comments.
- Shops market and competitive landscape to monitor fashion trends, pricing strategies and presentation techniques.
- Manages samples; keeps racks in order, reviews all TOP’s with manager
- Responsible for all day to day managing, planning and execution in the department, as well as processing of all paperwork, open to buy format, orders, vendor communication.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 to 5 years buying/merchandising experience; prior 3rd party vendor experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Systems savvy with strong computer skills; especially MS excel.
- Must be high energy, detail oriented, organized and able to work in an ever-changing and fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills required.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Design, Tech Design, Sourcing, Visual, Planning, Allocation, Licensees
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
DECISION MAKING: In partnership with supervisor
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Ideal candidate possess a love for men’s fashion and is knowledgeable about current and upcoming trends in the market
ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced, energetic environment with a team who has a passion for the CK customer and delivering exceptional product to them
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH