What You Get To Do Every Day
- Provide positive and inspirational leadership by building a strong organization focused on excellence and committed to the continuous development of employee skills. In short, build a productive, engaged team that is second to none
- Accountable for employee experience (training, career pathing, communication)
- Oversight and accountability for all standards and practices related to authentication
- Hold both teams and individuals accountable for production/quota, time to site and quality metrics
- Partner cross functionally with Receiving and Photography as needed to ensure our customers’ and consignors’ needs are consistently exceeded
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that will enable better scaling e-commerce
- Use data to make decisions with a strong understanding of unit economics guide key decisions
What You Bring To The Role
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of process operations. 3+ years of experience managing a large team of diverse employees, preferably a non-exempt workforce
- Experience in workforce planning and scheduling is required. Interest in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment setting. Strong leadership abilities in managing and developing a high performing team
- Strong communication skills with a focus on being clear, simple, and direct
- Excellent business judgment, strong fact-based decision-making, problem-solving ability, and a practical sense of drawing the right conclusion
- Willingness to continuously improve, develop, understand industry best practices and desire to stay ahead of the curve organization
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, consigned luxury goods. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have 150+ in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by hundreds of brands, from Gucci to Cartier, supporting the circular economy. We make consigning effortless with free in-home pickup, drop-off service and direct shipping for individual consignors and estates. At our stores in LA, NYC and San Francisco, customers can shop, consign, and meet with our experts. At our 10 Luxury Consignment Offices, four of which are in our retail stores, our expert staff provides free valuations. Founded in 2011 and listed publicly in 2019 (Nasdaq: REAL), we’re growing fast and fundamentally changing the way people buy and sell luxury — a multi-billion dollar industry. Build your career with us and enjoy 401K matching, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mother’s room, and flexible work hours!
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.