We’re looking for an entrepreneurial hands-on VP of Operations & Finance to join our fast-growing team here in East London. Working alongside Alex, our founder and CEO, you will be instrumental in taking the business to the next stage.
Maybe you’re an Operations veteran with strong financial knowledge and capabilities, or maybe you’re a Financial guru with a passion for operations. We don’t discriminate as long as you are entrepreneurial and bring your wits, passion and heart to the table.
Your duties are many and will eventually be spread over members of the team you build.
- Work in complementary co-leadership with the CEO/Founder, supporting the development of the business vision and strategy.
- Contribute to the strategic business plan by setting short-term and long-term goals, driving overall strategy and delivering against KPIs for Operations as well as informing and supporting cross-business priorities.
- The role covers many functions, including Operations, Finance, HR, Data, Legal and Admin. As a member of the executive team, you are expected to roll up sleeves and fill gaps as needed by the business while you expand your teams.
- Create a simple and compelling shared team vision for operational success, empowering the team to understand and execute their respective roles. Consistently deliver on it.
- Own the Operating budget and manage delivery against key financial milestones
- Production and supply chain: lead and scale the team sourcing and managing 3rd party suppliers. Develop processes to continuously measure and improve performance (Quality/Cost/Delivery) and efficiency to maximise growth and profitability. Actively support innovation.
- Ethics: make our whole supply chain ethical and sustainable end to end within 5 years.
- Customer support: lead the team ensuring a customer-centric service is provided to all users, eventually promoting retention and loyalty. Measure customer satisfaction and improve services.
- HR and culture: Working closely with the CEO, oversee human resources activities including recruitment, payroll, staff support and engagement, and support for training and development. Contributes to the Senior Management Team’s efforts to promote an organisational culture of collaboration, open and frequent communication, agility, alignment with a common vision, and celebration of achievement success.
- Data: design and champion a data-driven culture throughout the company, leading data analyst(s) to provide actionable insights to the management team.
- Legal: Oversight of lawyers and legal documents relating to business.
- Manage 3rd party accountants in charge of developing bookkeeping, management accounts reporting and business taxes. Ensure company filing processes and execution. Cover compliance as appropriate.
- Develop and own all FP&A processes. Lead regular business reviews to include presenting business updates, results and forecast.
- Champion the use of data in company business decisions.
- Contribute to board and investors’ relationship: regular reports, insightful documented information, future fundraising activities, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- A thinker and a doer – Natural ability to build bridges between strategy and execution and balance today and tomorrow.
- Driven individual with results-oriented attitude, clear vision and natural leadership.
- 100% customer and results focused – happiest when ‘getting stuff done’.
- Strategic problem solver – always looking for improvements in operational efficiency.
- Analytical and data-driven – back up decisions with hard facts, stats and numbers.
- Positive outlook, boundless energy and thrive on collaboration in agile environments.
- Proven track record in delivering operational efficiency in various areas covered in this role and similar context as Everpress.
- Excellent organisational skills. Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude.
- Rounded inspirational personality with outstanding persuasion, communication and people skills.
- 5 years of experience in either a similar fast growing start up OR in a similar production environment acquiring benchmark/best practice, incl. some management.
- If you had some experience in fashion, this would be a plus