Responsible for the logistics and system operational strategy and implementation into the business, as well as supporting the business use of Bright Pearl, improvements, and change management. Ensuring the business is running at it’s most efficient and at the best possible margin, amplifying customer experiences.
Training teams on roll-out of new processes and improvements.
The Ideal Candidate
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Work hand in hand with customer services and sales team to ensure the customer expectations and delivery promises are met at all times
- Resolve urgent order fulfilment issues as they arise, especially related to shipping and logistics
- Review, plan, supervise and deliver any training relating BrightPearl processes and procedures
- Ensure compliance of all processes and activities within the Warehouse and adherence to the Global SLAs
- Manage performance of all operational business processes and ensure all exceptions are dealt with, within a timely manner updating relevant teams throughout
- Identify, suggest and implement operational efficiencies through knowledge and best-practice, including ways to drive cost reductions, service synergies and enhancements to customer experience
- Continuously monitor and report on all external agencies activities against Key Performance Indicators, measuring operational efficiency in conjunction with Supply Chain
- Ensure performance across all operational functions focusing on quality, effectiveness and accuracy
- Work with the Supply Chain and sales team stakeholders to oversee and supply accurate Goods In and Outbound order forecasts to all applicable external agencies
- Manage day to day carrier relationships including regular reviews and discussions pertaining to documentation requirements, reporting and service enhancements, service failures etc, as well as all claims, in conjunction with Supply Chain
- Manage all drop ship integrations and monitor and report on performance. Suggest future opportunities to ensure operational efficiency
- Ensure all orders are correctly packaged (in line with Company standards). Any failures are investigated with all external agencies and are reported and escalated
- Manage packaging supplies and ensure accurate and timely ordering and delivery of all packaging
- Co-ordinate and record all stock takes publishing results to the business. Define and roll out stock movement processes to support the accurate stock, under 1% variance.
- Ensure stock accuracy across all areas of the business and closely monitor all stock losses to ensure its kept to a minimum
- Manage the relationship with a development agency to ensure all company developments and projects are correctly prioritised, delivered on time and into the budget
- Scope, flag and put into work logistic and operational requirements for planned business expansion. For example, the global gallery set up.
- Regularly review business process and tools to suggest developments and improvements. Researching innovative industry developments to ensure House of Hackney stays future proof and is able to scale to deliver strong growth targets
- Manage and monitor current and future system integrations, ensuring correct user actions, accurate functional results and business expectations are met. Flag and manage and fixes required within integrations.
- This role will require regular travel to the warehouse
- Uphold company values and ensure the supply chain uses the most eco-friendly materials and methods possible. Liaise with suppliers and 3rd parties to ensure they are continuously updating and researching their eco methods and credentials.
- Review monthly costs from 3PL and ensure invoices are correct. Identify areas for cost-saving
- Support special events/ projects with set up and operational process
- Provide business manuals for system and process changes.
The Ideal CandidateSkills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working with various operational and payment systems
- Demonstrate experience managing an Omnichannel Warehouse and Fulfilment Centre (preferably in luxury fashion)
- Demonstrated partnership with multiple global and localised carriers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally
- Possess excellent business judgment, be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed
- Commercially astute with strong analytical skills
- Highly organised with the capability to multi-task and prioritise to meet tight deadlines
- Confident and motivated with the ability to influence
- Supply Chain & Merchandising
- External partners
- Omnichannel sales teams
- Customer Services, Aftersales