As Deputy Centre Manager, You will work with the Centre Manager to lead the Centre team, drive the performance of the Centre and create an excellent guest experience. This will include developing and implementing retail solutions, controlling the relevant budgets, developing excellent customer and stakeholder relationships and facilitating a strong team performance in order to enhance the value of the Centre.
“To create the finest retail experiences”
“To continuously enhance the quality of the customer experience, the lives of our employees, the performance of brand partners, the return to investors and the communities where we do business.”
Why start your journey with McArthurGlen?
- We will have you working with the best team in the industry; both locally and across our international business
- We are committed to building a creative, collaborative, and fulfilling environment where you can progress your career
- We want everyone in our organisation to have the tools and resources to succeed
- We offer amazing benefits, attractive salary plus performance bonus, 25+ days holiday, hot drinks, coffee, tea & other refreshments, many internal events, gym allowance centre discounts, cross functional and international projects and an exceptionally great office atmosphere
- Attractive benefits: and much more!
- 92% of our employees would recommend us as a good place to work
Key Areas of Responsibility
In conjunction with the Centre Manager, lead the centre team by developing and implementing retail solutions, controlling the relevant budgets, developing excellent customer and stakeholder relationships and facilitating a strong team performance in order to enhance the value of the centre.
- Monitor and review centre performance against the Annual Business Plan to ensure that KPIs are met/exceeded across all functions and the Centre continues to maximize its revenue and profit potential.
- Seek out and develop new initiatives to develop performance across the centre to maximise income and ensure best practice is cascaded across the region.
- Maintain best in class standards across the Centre, including championing initiatives such as Brand Partner Audit and the Retail Academy Programme.
- Complete all monthly and quarterly financial reporting, including AMC, Investor and MG monthly Accounts.
- In close liaison with the Centre commercialisation champion and the UK Commercialisation Manager, deliver a strong Centre commercialisation program, developing income streams and minimising costs.
- Recruit, manage, motivate and develop direct reports to ensure they achieve their potential and that their performance contributes to the achievement of business objectives, ensuring they lead their teams in the same way.
- Deliver a high standard of operational effectiveness across the Guest experience, maintaining a ‘best practice’ focus to ensure the Centre continually delivers an exceptional experience.
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure store presentation standards are always of the highest quality and consistent across the region.
- Develop and maintain strong communication links between the Centre, Regional heads and Head Office to ensure operational efficiency and an integrated approach is taken in achieving the business plan.
- Under the close guidance of the Centre Manager, develop and maintain close links with brand partners, investors and local business partners to maximise Centre performance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with brand partners to maximise performance and ensure excellent Guest Experience within the Centre and across the region.
- Any other Centre / Regional projects that may involve the Centre.
The Ideal Candidate
- Senior level retail or entertainment experience gained in a guest centric environment, with commercial / operational experience. Many of our current Deputy Centre Managers come from a Senior level retail background (Country / Regional Senior Manager)
- Experience of driving results, sales and profit in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership skills and experience of managing a team
- Exposure to marketing, visual merchandising and/or facilities would be an advantage
- Financial forecasting, analysis and budgeting skills
- Excellent influencing, networking and negotiation skills
- IT literate
- Proactive, energetic and driven to achieve outstanding results
- Geographical mobility and any European languages would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our business. We would love to hear from you so please start your journey with us by applying online with your CV.